Students graduating will be productive members of the community using their newly acquired skills to earn a living in a growing community. Each student will be provided with necessary counseling and guidance in developing and progressing toward his/her goal.
BASIC INFORMATION ON PROGRAMS AND COURSE
- All courses are available for daytime and evening courses are only offer to the Class A Commercial Truck Driving Program.
- All classes have “open” enrollment.
- Beginning classes are scheduled for first day of class on weekly basis.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS All applicants must meet the following requirements of the Georgia State Board of Commercial Driving must provide:
- High School Diploma, GED, College Degree or Official Transcript
- Valid Driver’s License for 8 months
- Must be 21 years old (18-20 years olds may take course, however they can only drive in Georgia)
- Must be able to read and write at an 8th grade level
- Complete and pay application/administration fee
- Pay tuition
- 7-year MVR
- No more than 8 points (5 in one year)
- No DUI, open container violations
- No substance or drug violations in last 7 years
- Must have drug screen
- DOT Physical exam
- Criminal Background Check
* This applies to students without High School diplomas or GED. Students who are unable to provide proof of their High School Diplomas or GED will be required to complete the evaluation test to determine grade reading level.
STUDENT/ TEACHER RATIO
Classroom: up to 25
Range: 4 students per instructor
Road: 4 students student per instructor